Re: DBI driver and transactions

От Christoph Dalitz
Тема Re: DBI driver and transactions
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2003 02:18:11 +0000 (GMT)
> From: "Nigel J. Andrews" <nandrews@investsystems.co.uk>
>
> With AutoCommit => 0 I see a BEGIN logged right before the
> first query I send...

This is in compliance to the SQL2 standard, which says that
transactions implicitly begin with the first DML command after
the last commit/rollback. As Postgres has explicit transaction
beginning, the DBD-Pg driver must emulate the SQL2 behaviour by
automatically issuing a BEGIN statement.

DBI provides the methods begin(), commit() and rollback() for
transaction management; begin() usually does nothing and thus
does no harm when you call it.

Christoph Dalitz

От: Christoph Dalitz
Сообщение: List online archives and spam
От: "Gabriel Munteanu"
Сообщение: Re: List online archives and spam