Re: pg_hba.conf hostmask.

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: pg_hba.conf hostmask.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Kurt Roeckx wrote:
> Currently in pg_hba.conf you specify the ip addresses that can
> connect with 2 fields: the ip address and the mask.
>
> What do you think about changing it to ip address/mask?  Where
> mask can be both the current mask, or the prefix length.
>
> It's so much handier to use, especially for ipv6.

Yes, some have asked about this.  My understanding was that CIDR
(host/len) was mostly for networks, while hostname/mask was for hosts.
Now, you can specify hosts using /32, but is is unusual?  Maybe not.  We
basically have columns in pg_hba.conf that can specify either hosts or
networks, so I suppose either should work.  One neat trick would be to
allow both, and I think I can easily code that up.  If you specify a '/'
and value after the host address, you don't use a netmask value.  How is
that?

Pennsylvania19073