Re: serialization errors

От Stephan Szabo
Тема Re: serialization errors
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, 3 Feb 2003, Ryan VanderBijl wrote:

> Hello again,
>
> Unfortunately, because English is a language, and the
> first one I learned (learnt?), I'm not able to communicate
> very well in it.  I don't think my question / suggestion
> has come across very clear.  So, I wrote a summary of what
> I've been trying to ask / suggest. It can be found at:
>
> http://www.vanderbijlfamily.com/~rvbijl/transactions.html

The given a unique constraint or serializability error condition may fix
your specific case but doesn't fix serializability in general.  I'm not
certain that changing the error returned in this case buys us that much
given that equivalent serializability errors are not caught when there
isn't a unique index.