Re: One large v. many small

От Shridhar Daithankar
Тема Re: One large v. many small
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Thursday 30 Jan 2003 11:54 pm, you wrote:
> As I mentioned in our earlier post, we are attempting to decide if
> Postgres will run faster/better/ with one big table, or a bunch of
> smaller ones.  It really doesn't make much difference to us, we just
> want whatever structure will be faster.

I would say create a big table with client id. Create a index on it and create
3000 views. Of course you need to figure out SQL voodoo to insert into
postgresql views using rules.

But that would save you from modifying your app. up and down. But there is
going to be massive framgmentation. Consider clustering tables once in a
while.

 HTH

 Shridhar