Re: [mail] Re: Windows Build System

От Ian Barwick
Тема Re: [mail] Re: Windows Build System
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Friday 31 January 2003 05:08, Tom Lane wrote:
> Jan Wieck <JanWieck@Yahoo.com> writes:
>
> > And what about MySQL?
>
> What about it?  Someone claimed in this thread that MySQL's Windows port
> requires Cygwin.  Is that true or not?

For reference, from the INSTALL-SOURCE file included in
the MySQL sources which I have lying about [*]:

[*] danged legacy applications ;-)

--QUOTE START--

Windows Source Distribution
---------------------------

You will need the following:
  * VC++ 6.0 compiler (updated with 4 or 5 SP and Pre-processor    package) The Pre-processor package is necessary for
themacro    assembler.  More details at:    `http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/sp/vs6sp5/faq.asp'.
  * The MySQL source distribution for Windows, which can be downloaded    from `http://www.mysql.com/downloads/'.

Building MySQL
 1. Create a work directory (e.g., workdir).
 2. Unpack the source distribution in the aforementioned directory.
 3. Start the VC++ 6.0 compiler.
 4. In the `File' menu, select `Open Workspace'.
 5. Open the `mysql.dsw' workspace you find on the work directory.
 6. From the `Build' menu, select the `Set Active Configuration' menu.
 7. Click over the screen selecting `mysqld - Win32 Debug' and click    OK.
 8. Press `F7' to begin the build of the debug server, libs, and some    client applications.
 9. When the compilation finishes, copy the libs and the executables    to a separate directory.
10. Compile the release versions that you want, in the same way.
11. Create the directory for the MySQL stuff: e.g., `c:\mysql'
12. From the workdir directory copy for the c:\mysql directory the    following directories:
       * Data
       * Docs
       * Share
13. Create the directory `c:\mysql\bin' and copy all the servers and    clients that you compiled previously.
14. If you want, also create the `lib' directory and copy the libs    that you compiled previously.
15. Do a clean using Visual Studio.

Set up and start the server in the same way as for the binary Windows
distribution. *Note Windows prepare environment::.

--QUOTE END--

Ian Barwick
barwick@gmx.net