Re: psql default language

От Iker Arizmendi
Тема Re: psql default language
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I'd like to run scripts with \i from psql and would like to be able to
use conditional statements (and other PL niceness). Eg,

IF (EXISTS(SELECT 1 FROM pg_type WHERE typname = 'mytype')) THEN
DROP TYPE mytype;
END IF;

(Granted, in this example, you can just drop the type and ignore the
warning, but I still think a conditional check is cleaner).

This has been discussed on the list before and IIRC, the suggestion was
to write PL/pgsql functions to do what you want but I was wondering if
7.3.x had been changed to allow this.

Iker

--
Iker Arizmendi