Re: is_numeric() or extract_numeric() functions?

От Jeff Eckermann
Тема Re: is_numeric() or extract_numeric() functions?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
--- "Ron St.Pierre" <rstpierre@syscor.com> wrote:
> Thanks everyone, that worked and I now have a new
> plpgsql function to
> extract numbers from a string. I placed it in the
> PL/pgSQL CookBook
> (linked from the Users Lounge on the postgres home
> page ->
> http://www.brasileiro.net:8080/postgres/cookbook/)
> if anyone wants it.

You mean this _works_ for you???  I doesn't for me,
and I don't see how it could.  I see a return type
mismatch, for starters: $1 ~ ''[0-9]'' will return
boolean, whereas your function is defined to return an
integer.  Testing on my 7.2.1 installation gives this
error:
jeck=# select getnumber('1');
NOTICE:  Error occurred while executing PL/pgSQL
function getnumber
NOTICE:  while casting return value to functions
return type
ERROR:  pg_atoi: error in "t": can't parse "t"