Re: db dump

От Stephan Szabo
Тема Re: db dump
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, 30 Jan 2003, Alex Zavalin wrote:

> There's a function in postgresql 7.3.1 that decompiles internal
> foreign key constraint presentation and shows it in text format very
> similar to that in create table statement, but pg_dump still saves
> it as trigger. Are there plans to save it as in create table? Are
> there any drawbacks?

If you've created them in 7.3 (or done something to add the constraint
information to ones you've imported - I think someone made a script to do
this) you should get them as ALTER TABLE statements I'd thought.  My dev
7.4 box returns them as ALTER TABLE in any case.

You're probably not going to get them in create table since there are
cases that'd fail for and it's probably more trouble than its worth to
make some in create and some as alter.