Re: No migration path for MONEY

От Darcy Buskermolen
Тема Re: No migration path for MONEY
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Tom you are correct here (like usual), sorry for the wasted thread and time=
=20
regarding functions that I remembered being there but infact were not.

On Wednesday 29 January 2003 10:56, Tom Lane wrote:
> Darcy Buskermolen <darcy@wavefire.com> writes:
> > Sorry my mistake on versions.
> > darcy=3D> SELECT '1.0'::MONEY::FLOAT;
> > ?column?
> > --------
> >        1
> > (1 row)
> > darcy=3D> select version();
> > version
> > PostgreSQL 6.5.2 on i386-unknown-freebsd3.2, compiled by gcc 2.7.2.1
> > (1 row)
>
> I don't have a 6.5 system around to test anymore, but my recollection is
> that back then, constructs like 'literal'::foo::bar were collapsed into
> 'literal'::bar --- so the above doesn't prove 6.5 could actually convert
> money into float.  What happens if you take a money column and try to
> coerce it, ie "SELECT moneycol::float FROM mytable" ?
>
>             regards, tom lane

> TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

--=20
Darcy Buskermolen
Wavefire Technologies Corp.
ph: 250.717.0200
fx:  250.763.1759
http://www.wavefire.com

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: No migration path for MONEY