Re: *****SPAM***** ecpg help with 7.3

От Michael Meskes
Тема Re: *****SPAM***** ecpg help with 7.3
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, Jan 27, 2003 at 12:48:23PM -0500, Sid wrote:
> Cannot Insert in table xyz(-400):50 'ERROR: pg_atoi: zero-length string'
> my first guess was that there was a zero length string (NULL) being inserted
> in the table... but the attributes of the columns in the table are such that
> they can accept NULL's too.

Zero length strings are something different than NULLs. The pg_atoi
message shows that there indeed is a zero length string.

You could enable logging and see exactly what data is sent to the
backend. Please just look into the test cases in ecpg/test and search
for ECPGdebug resp. file descriptor dbgs.

Michael
--
Michael Meskes
Email: Michael@Fam-Meskes.De