Re: Transactional objects

От Chris Gamache
Тема Re: Transactional objects
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
I too would appreciate the ability to use pgsqlODBC inside a COM+ transaction.
The problem lies in the lack of support for "SQL_ATTR_ENLIST_IN_DTC" which,
according to Microsoft, is the connect method used when ADO is used in a COM+
transaction. I don't think that the component HAS to be enlisted in a
Distributed Transaction for it to be in a COM+ transaction. I think it just
needs to respond "No, I will not allow myself to be distributed" when asked. I
looked at the code till my eyes crossed. I couldn't get it to compile, even
without my mods. Hiroshi said that he really didn't have time to impliment this
part of ODBC 3.0. My next thought was to have my company invest some money in
Hiroshi such that he would have some time to research and impliment this
option. They haven't said "yes" yet. For that matter, neither has Hiroshi! :)
Would your company like to help out? This is how Open Source Software stays
afloat! What a great software model.

CG