Re: Status of tablespaces

От Jim Buttafuoco
Тема Re: Status of tablespaces
Дата
Re: Status of tablespaces  (Simon Mitchell <pgsql@jseb.com>)
Status of tablespaces  (Simon Mitchell <pgsql@jseb.com>)
Список pgsql-general
All,

This is exactly what my patch added.  The ability to do the following

CREATE DATABASE foo TABLESPACE X INDEX_TABLESPACE Y TEMP_TABLESPACE Z;
CREATE SCHEMA foo TABLESPACE X INDEX_TABLESPACE Y TEMP_TABLESPACE Z;    -- override the database setting
CREATE TABLE T (...) TABLESPACE X; -- override the SCHEMA setting
CREATE INDEX I (...) TABLESPACE X; -- override the SCHEMA setting

CREATE TABLESPACE A location '/XXX/YYY/ZZZ';  -- define a tablespace

If any of the TABLESPACE options are missing take from DATABASE/SCHEMA setting.

I don't remember exactly why it was rejected at the time.

Jim