Re: Ref to last INSERT on a table without OIDs?

От Stephan Szabo
Тема Re: Ref to last INSERT on a table without OIDs?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, 28 Jan 2003, Mark Cave-Ayland wrote:

> [...]

It's to the backend, but as long as you're asking for the value before you
release the connection to another script you should be fine.  If you want
to do something like:

script 1 inserts
 - release connection so someone else can get it
script 2 inserts
 - release connection
script 1 wants a value

You can't do that without converting it to a different form
script 1 inserts
script 1 saves its inserted value
 - release connection
 - release connection