Re: pg_xlog safety

От Andrew Sullivan
Тема Re: pg_xlog safety
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sun, Jan 26, 2003 at 05:26:15PM -0500, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> If you raid has battery-backed RAM cach in your controller, there is no
> advantage to putting WAL on a separate disk --- was that the case?

That was always my view, as well.  But someone presented me with an
argument that it would somehow be better to use separate disks inside
the array in order to make this faster (i.e. it'd still be faster
because there'd be no contention for spindles).  So, I tried it, but
I could see no difference no matter what I did.

----
                                         +1 416 646 3304 x110