Re: I was spoiled by the MySQL timestamp field

От will trillich
Тема Re: I was spoiled by the MySQL timestamp field
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sun, Jan 26, 2003 at 05:00:36PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> now() is a function call and will not be folded into a constant.

> You can easily check the behavior for yourself rather than relying on
> other people's assertions.

note -- this is ALWAYS a good idea. especially when it's *me*
giving the assertion :)

reminds me of a high-school prof i had. he'd stop in the middle
of a lesson and ask if anybody knew the meaning of a word he'd
just used ("mote", for example); if not, he'd supply a
definition (small fly) and go on.

later we'd have a vocabulary test; any answers that parroted
what he'd said were always marked wrong, as he'd just made them
up off-the-cuff. (mote is a particle, as in gritty dust.)

double-check for yourself. don't take anybody's word for it.
KNOW, don't trust.

the best way to find out, is to FIND OUT.

--
There are 10 kinds of people:
ones that get binary, and ones that don't.

will@serensoft.com

Looking for a firewall? Do you think smoothwall sucks? You're
probably right... Try the folks at http://clarkconnect.org/ !