Documentation improvement suggestions

От Tilo Schwarz
Тема Documentation improvement suggestions
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

yesterday I made my first schema :-) following the instruction in
sql-createschema.html (all PostgreSQL 7.3.1 Documentation). Then I wanted to
create some objects in my new schema, but I coudn't find a hint how to make
my new schema "active". It sais, that:

[...]
Named objects are accessed either by "qualifying" their names with the schema
name as a prefix, or by setting a search path that includes the desired
schema(s).
[...]

but I had to go to sql-createtable.html and from there to functions-misc.html
until I got it...

So I suggest adding a sentence like:

If you want to create new objects in the created schema without "qualifying"
their names, you have to make the schema the current schema (the one at the
front of the search path; see CURRENT_SCHEMA()).

Second suggestion:

I would love an additional "up" button in the header of the HTML docs. If I am
at some leaf in the "documentation tree" (e.g. via a link) and want to go up
more than once, I have to do:

- press <end> key to move down the page
- klick "up"
- press <end> key to move down the page
- klick "up"

because the browsers show the top of the page after pressing "up".

Regards,

    Tilo