Re: Documentation needs significant improvement

От will trillich
Тема Re: Documentation needs significant improvement
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, Jan 24, 2003 at 10:32:56PM -0600, Chris Johnson wrote:
> * The arrangement and order of the primary documentation is not
> conducive to getting this thing up and running.
[snip]
> Finally, after looking elsewhere than in the "official" docuemtation, I
> found a link to this site:  "PostgreSQL 101 by Shridhar Daithankar."  Lo
> and behold, Sridhar says create database "test" and go from there.
> Eureka.  Now I can get somewhere.
>
> I'm not some clueless newbie who can be expected to stumble around for a
> while.  I'm an expert.
>
> It should not be this hard, folks.

any chance you can help onjure a rough draft of what would have
helped you get up-to-speed? maybe we can help out the next guy
that way.

just a couple of paragraphs: "Chris's Quick-Start Guide to
PostGREsql v7.x.x". hmm?

--
There are 10 kinds of people:
ones that get binary, and ones that don't.

will@serensoft.com

Looking for a firewall? Do you think smoothwall sucks? You're
probably right... Try the folks at http://clarkconnect.org/ !

Сообщение: Re: Documentation needs significant improvement
Сообщение: Re: Documentation needs significant improvement