Bug #884: Schema access not inherited by functions declared SECURITY DEFINER

От pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org
Тема Bug #884: Schema access not inherited by functions declared SECURITY DEFINER
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Jason B. Alonso (jalonso@mit.edu) reports a bug with a severity of 3

Short Description
Schema access not inherited by functions declared SECURITY DEFINER

Long Description
When calling a function declared SECURITY DEFINER, I get permission denied errors on schemas that the function would
access. In my cases, no permissions are granted to the schemas are granted to the users calling the functions, but the
owner/definerof the functions is the owner/definer/explicitly-permitted-user of the schemas in question.

The problem is a "minor annoyance" to me in that I can circumvent the problem in my application by granting schema
usageto PUBLIC (and explicitly revoking access to the schema's tables, etc.), but it may not be quite so minor to
others.

Version: PostgreSQL 7.3 running on Cygwin/Win2k

Sample Code

No file was uploaded with this report