Bug #882: Cannot manually log in to database.

От pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org
Тема Bug #882: Cannot manually log in to database.
Дата
Re: Bug #882: Cannot manually log in to database.  (Giles Lean <giles@nemeton.com.au>)
Список pgsql-bugs
Ben Kinsey (benk@aiinet.com; sk9887@sbc.com) reports a bug with a severity of 2

Short Description
Cannot manually log in to database.

Long Description
We are receiving the following error when trying to manually log in to the the database:

okapview# /opt/pgsql-7.1.3/bin/psql -U postgres -d AppliedView
psql: connectDBStart() -- connect() failed: No such file or directory
        Is the postmaster running locally
        and accepting connections on Unix socket '/tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432'?

We searched your documentation and all that it said was to verify that the postmaster daemon is running, and it already
isrunning on the system.  We have a daemon process that is connected to the database and it is not refused this
connection. Only psql command line log ins are refused.

Stopping and starting the postmaster daemon clears up this problem, but this problem creeps up about 2 times a week,
andis a major annoyance.

Sample Code

No file was uploaded with this report