Re: Postgres 7.3 from source --with-tcl : Errors again...

От Jason Tishler
Тема Re: Postgres 7.3 from source --with-tcl : Errors again...
Дата
Список pgsql-cygwin
SLao,

On Wed, Jan 22, 2003 at 01:59:29AM -0500, S. L. wrote:
> Anyway, if plTcl is harder to manage to compile, I think a more
> usefull tcl approach would be to have a cygwin autotools enabled pgtcl
> binding library. In my opinion a lot of users come to pl/Tcl as a
> quick way to have graphical interfaces to postgresql, not necessary
> because of their better skills in tcl than e.g. pl/pgSQL.

I will leave it to others to address the above.

Anyway, I started to debug the PL/Tcl problem.  These are my
observations:

1. pltcl.dll is successfully loaded by postgres
2. pltcl.dll is successfully loading cygtcl83.dll (which is not
   surprising since the Windows loader does this)
3. pltcl.dll is failing in pltcl_init_all() (which is very early in the
   initialization process)
4. Tcl_CreateInterp() succeeds (so at least one Tcl function seems to
   work)
5. Tcl_CreateSlave() fails (unfortunately, I could not determine why
   with a limited amount of effort)

I will leave it to those who have the interest to continue
debugging this problem.

Jason