Re: [PERFORM] Proposal: relaxing link between explicit JOINs and execution order

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: [PERFORM] Proposal: relaxing link between explicit JOINs and execution order
Дата
Re: [PERFORM] Proposal: relaxing link between explicit JOINs and execution order
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom,

I am very strongly in favor of this idea.   I would personally prefer it if
the Join collapsing parmeter could be set at query time through a SET
statement, but will of course defer to the difficulty level in doing so.

> Comments?  In particular, can anyone think of pithy names for these
> variables?  The best I'd been able to come up with is MAX_JOIN_COLLAPSE
> and MAX_FROM_COLLAPSE, but neither of these exactly sing...

How about:
EXPLICIT_JOIN_MINIMUM
and
FROM_COLLAPSE_LIMIT

Just to make the two params not sound so identical?

--
-Josh Berkus
 Aglio Database Solutions

Сообщение: Re: Terrible performance on wide selects
Сообщение: Re: Terrible performance on wide selects