Re: change in behaviour? Is this a regression in function?

От Gavin Atkinson
Тема Re: change in behaviour? Is this a regression in function?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sat, 18 Jan 2003, Tom Lane wrote:

> > Tom Lane wrote:
> >> So I guess the question at this point is do we want to flip-flop the
> >> behavior yet again, or leave well enough alone?
>
> > I don't have a problem with making no oids the default.  I just think
> > CREATE TABLE and CREATE TABLE AS should behave similarly in terms of
> > oids.
>
> Well, that is a good point.  If we are going to change it back, I'd vote
> for back-patching the change into 7.3.2 so as to minimize the exposure
> of the current behavior.
>
> Any other opinions out there?

I'm in favour of this, as it came as quite a suprise when my application
stopped working and I spent quite a bit of time debugging it (I
originally thought it was a configuration option difference). I like the
idea of having WITH and WITHOUT OIDS options to CREATE TABLE AS as well -
there have been quite a few times when I have not needed them. But, like
CREATE TABLE, i think oids should be created by default.

Gavin

Сообщение: Re: change in behaviour? Is this a regression in function?
Сообщение: Re: change in behaviour? Is this a regression in function?