Re: change in behaviour? Is this a regression in function?

От Gavin Atkinson
Тема Re: change in behaviour? Is this a regression in function?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, 17 Jan 2003, Tom Lane wrote:

> Gavin Atkinson <gavin.atkinson@ury.york.ac.uk> writes:
> > Under Postgresql 7.1.3, I could use "create table foo as select * from
> > bar" and the table would be created with OIDs.
>
> 7.3 builds it without OIDs.  Sorry about that.

Was this an intentional change or will it be fixed in 7.4? Do you know
which version was first affected by this change? Is there any way around
it? I'm trying to update postgres but I can't at the moment as the app
makes extensive use of the oids after a "select table as".

Gavin