Re: Can we revisit the thought of PostgreSQL 7.2.4?

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Can we revisit the thought of PostgreSQL 7.2.4?
Дата
Re: Can we revisit the thought of PostgreSQL 7.2.4?  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> Red Hat 6.2 is still nominally supported (until March 31, it says here)
> so I suppose there's a corporate compulsion to back-patch anything
> that's labeled a security issue.  But let's get real ... PG 6.anything
> is stone-age code now.
>
>             regards, tom lane
>             Red Hat Database project
>
> PS: I'm not taking a position on Justin's suggestion that there should
> be a 7.2.4.  Marc and Bruce would be the ones who have to do the work,
> so they get to make the decision...

Who, us?  Well, there is the confusion factor of releasing a patch to a
superceeded major version.  Wrapping it up and putting it out really
isn't a big deal.  Marc?

Pennsylvania19073