Re: index usage

От Andrew Sullivan
Тема Re: index usage
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Fri, Jan 17, 2003 at 08:08:14PM +0500, Timur Irmatov wrote:
> Well, I've a seen a lot of people on pgsql-general mailing list with
> problems with dates, timestamps, and I was just scared of using
> PostreSQL date and time types and functions..

What problems?  The only problems I know of with datetime stuff are
on those machines with the utterly silly glibc hobbling, and even
that has been worked around in recent releases.  I think the date and
time handling in PostgreSQL beats most systems.  It just works, and
handles all the time-zone conversions for you and everything.

----
                                         +1 416 646 3304 x110