Re: three timestamps/table, use of 'now' in table creation statement

От Bruno Wolff III
Тема Re: three timestamps/table, use of 'now' in table creation statement
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Note you seem to have forgotten to cc the list on this message.

On Thu, Jan 16, 2003 at 09:42:10 -0800,
  Dennis Gearon <gearond@cvc.net> wrote:
> Thank you for all the replies, I now have half of my question answered. What I need to know is
> what I can put in the table definition for the default value to have the current timestamp put in
> the three timestamp fields.
>
> 1/ Can I put 'now' as the default value
>     in the table definition?
>
> 2/ can I put CURRENT_TIMESTAMP(0) as the default value ...
>     in the table definition?

I believe both of these will work. If the column is of type timestamp
(as opposed to timestamp(0)) then 'now''s value won't be rounded to
the nearest second.