Insert from CSV (comma separated values) file ?

От Brian Johnson
Тема Insert from CSV (comma separated values) file ?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I need to insert some values from a CSV file. It's a little more complicated than
that since I have to do a SELECT query (from one table) on one of the values to get
the proper value for the INSERT query (into another table)

I'd like it to be some kind of script that I could set up as a cron job

This sounds like the kind of things that somebody may have already done - can
anyone point me to it? I'd prefer bash or perl scripts

I checked google but couldn't come up with anything