Re: CREATE TYPE example needed

От Jim Buttafuoco
Тема Re: CREATE TYPE example needed
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Thanks for the answer Tom,  I did want to write varchar2(n).  Is this something special in the code?  Could I somehow
muck with the system catalogs and copy varchar.  The object of the execise is to have one set of SQL statements for
both
Oracle and Postgres.  I think it would help other people converting if we had the ability to handle Oracle table create
statements.

Thanks
Jim

> "Jim Buttafuoco" <jim@spectrumtelecorp.com> writes:
> > I am looking for a way to create a VARCHAR2 (oracle) type so I can use the same SQL to create my tables in either
Oracle