Re: copying perms to another user

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: copying perms to another user
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Christopher Kings-Lynne writes:
>
> > We have roles?
>
> Until two days ago I was under the impression that roles were schema
> objects, but apparently this is not the case, and it seems that roles are
> really just an extension of our group concept.

Yep.  We have already beefed up group handling quite a bit in the past
few releases, so if we can take it the extra steps needed, we can just
make ROLE and GROUP synonymous and be done with it.

I think the one missing item mentioned was for group ownership of an
object.  However, if we give group _permission_ to the object, I am not
sure why ownership is an issue.  Are there certain permission we can't
give to the group?

Pennsylvania19073