Re: 'cgi-version' of pgsql

От Richard Huxton
Тема Re: 'cgi-version' of pgsql
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tuesday 14 Jan 2003 7:24 pm, Dennis Gearon wrote:
> I would like to start using PGSQL. I'm developing an app that I want to
> maintain referential integrity, blah blah. So OUT with MySQL, in with
> PGSQL.
>
> However, I am on a hosted server who does NOT have PGSL. I'd like to stay
> with them, but I may not do so.
>
> **IF** I do stay with them, I'd like to run a 'cgi-version' if PGSQL if
> it's possible and not to bad to do. A description of this would be:
>
> 1/ single user only
> 2/ static linked
> 3/ binary available for Intel machine
> 4/ would reside in something like
>     /home/account-name/pgsql
>
> Am I way off base?

Afraid so - Postgresql is designed to have the backend running constantly. The
startup times would be crippling for a single-process CGI.

I believe there's a partial list of webhosters supporting PG on the
techdocs.postgresql.org website, but google is probably just as quick a
solution.

--
  Richard Huxton

Сообщение: Re: varchar and spaces problem..
Сообщение: Re: varchar and spaces problem..