Re: Sun vs. Mac

От Andrew Sullivan
Тема Re: Sun vs. Mac
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Tue, Jan 14, 2003 at 09:50:04AM -0800, CaptainX0r wrote:
> the G3.  FWIW, top shows postgres slowly taking up all the CPU -

Son't use top on Solaris 8.  It's inaccurate, and it affects the
results itself.  Use prstat instead.

> This doesn't really tell me much, except I'm guessing that PG is
> CPU bound?

It looks that way.  I've had iostat show CPU-bound, however, when the
problem actually turned out to be memory contention.  I think you may
want to have a poke with vmstat, and also have a look at the SE
toolkit.

----
                                         +1 416 646 3304 x110