Re: v7.3.1 psql against a v7.2.x database ...

От Marc G. Fournier
Тема Re: v7.3.1 psql against a v7.2.x database ...
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 10 Jan 2003, Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> Marc G. Fournier writes:
>
> > We've started to upgrade the client machines, before upgrading the server
> > itself, but it looks like the psql client isn't backwards compatible?
>
> The meta-commands are not, because they now need to be schema aware.

How hard would it be to add in a simple version check, like Robert Treat
suggested?  Where, when you type in \d, it uses a pre-v7.3 schema if
attached to a pre-v7.3 server?  With the changes that have gone in since
v7.3.1, we're going to need to do a v7.3.2 anyway ...