Re: Problems with PGSQL ODBC drivers

От Harry Broomhall
Тема Re: Problems with PGSQL ODBC drivers
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
Henshall, Stuart - Design & Print writes:
> So that MS Access can auto work out which field to use as a key I first of
> all create a view as a table with primary key and then create a select rule.

   Thinking about this further, it occurs to me that if the driver
routines for SQLSpecialColumns returned the actual Primary Key for a table
(if it existed) rather than OID then Access may have the required hint?

   The sort of scheme I had in mind goes something like this:

   if (view)
       return SQL_NO_DATA

   else if (table)  {
      if (primary key esists)
          return all elements of PK.
      else if (oid exists)
          return oid
      else
          return SQL_NO_DATA
   }

   Or am I way off-beam with this idea?

   Regards,
       Harry.

Сообщение: Re: Problems with PGSQL ODBC drivers
Сообщение: Re: Problems with PGSQL ODBC drivers