Re: Get PostgreSQL work with Kylix 3 ?

От Hervé Piedvache
Тема Re: Get PostgreSQL work with Kylix 3 ?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

Le Mercredi 8 Janvier 2003 18:21, Gavin M. Roy a écrit :
> Hervé Piedvache wrote:
> >I'm using a Debian woody, with PostgreSQL 7.2.3.
> >
> >For the moment I just tried to use the examples programs given with Kylix
> > 3 : db_explorer and Mybaseconvert
> >
> >I have created a connection for one of my PostgreSQL database ...
> >
> >1 - Impossible to make a connexion without any password ? For example just
> >with the basic Postgres user ?
>
> Check your PGSQL/data dir for pg_hba.conf, this is where you set the
> permissions of who can connect to your db server

As I said ... it's running perfectly from my PC with psql ... so my
pg_hab.conf is correct ... I'm managing 20 database every day with postgreSQL
so it's not a config trouble ... and I'm using Delphi since v1.0 ... si I'm
not  a novice with those tools ... may be I can forget something ... but I'm
surprise about a SIGSEVG(11) and no debug ... from postgres or more details
for kylix ... :o(

> >4 - With dbexplorer I set the LoginPrompt to false inside the
> >SQLConnection1 but each time it asking me for a login/password, and I have
> >set them in the Params string ... :o(
>
> This is probibly because of a return bad auth from the pgsql server.

no ... it's running perfectly with Mybaseconvert ! :o)

> >Thanks for your help ... little disapointed with Kylix 3 and PostgreSQL
>
> No need to be disappointed with PgSQL, and Kylix is a fine product, just
> a little immature in the grand scheme of development languages.

v3.0 seems to not be an immature product after 7 version of Delphi ... no
Borland must have corrected all the buggy things of the v1.0 an v2.0 please !
... ,o)

Regards,
--
Hervé Piedvache