Get PostgreSQL work with Kylix 3 ?

От Hervé Piedvache
Тема Get PostgreSQL work with Kylix 3 ?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

I know this mailing list is not dedicated to Kylix ... but I would like to
find someone who have Kylix running with PostgreSQL, because I have no answer
to my questions from the Borland news ...

I'm using a Debian woody, with PostgreSQL 7.2.3.

For the moment I just tried to use the examples programs given with Kylix 3 :
db_explorer and Mybaseconvert

I have created a connection for one of my PostgreSQL database ...

1 - Impossible to make a connexion without any password ? For example just
with the basic Postgres user ?

2 - After addind a new user with a password ... :o) It seems to connect but
immediatly after I have a SIGSEV(11) (othewise I had before adding the new
user, a message with bad login/password, so seem to login now !?) ... no
more details ... I can connect perfectly from my PC with the classical psql
command line ... so where is the trouble ?

3 - I never get the file provided by the command
ErrorResourceFile=/tmp/DbxPGSQLErr.msg  - why ?

4 - With dbexplorer I set the LoginPrompt to false inside the
SQLConnection1 but each time it asking me for a login/password, and I have
set them in the Params string ... :o(

Thanks for your help ... little disapointed with Kylix 3 and PostgreSQL ;o)

Best regards,
--
Hervé Piedvache

Elma Ingénierie Informatique