[jp@mobicomp.com: Re: Idle in Transaction] -- SOLUTION

От Jim Downing
Тема [jp@mobicomp.com: Re: Idle in Transaction] -- SOLUTION
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
.setAutoCommit(true) solved the problem. I'll go and work out why the
pooling mechanism didn't do this for me...

Thanks to all for your suggestions,

jim

----- Forwarded message from Jo?o Paulo Ribeiro <jp@mobicomp.com> -----

Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2003 10:42:46 +0000
From: Jo?o Paulo Ribeiro <jp@mobicomp.com>
To: jimdowning@pobox.com
Subject: Re: [JDBC] Idle in Transaction

Hi, Jim!

As  far as i know when you are using transactions and you do a commit
your transaction is finished but a new one is created immediately.
This new transaction will wait for you information to process and this
is why the postgres porcess will appear as 'Idle in Transaction'.
Im not a guru but as i had seen it seem to be a good ideia to reactivate
de autocommit or do a reset to the connection  just before you release
it to the pool.
Some pools do this automatically when you release a coonection but
others do not. You have to check it by your self.
If you do so de the  postgres process will not appear as 'Idle in
Transaction'.

I hope i helped.
Regards.
Jo?o Paulo Ribeiro