Re: Patch for streaming resultsets [Viruschecked] [Viruschecked]

От Patric Bechtel
Тема Re: Patch for streaming resultsets [Viruschecked] [Viruschecked]
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
On Fri, 3 Jan 2003 17:23:15 +0100, Kovács Péter wrote:

Hello Péter,

To follow the words from the JDBC API docs:
"A SQL statement is precompiled and stored in a PreparedStatement object.
This object can then be used to efficiently execute this statement multiple times."

This seems to be a bit more than just counting the ? and such. For me,
it sounds a bit more like "make every effort to make it run fast if
used multiple times".
That's one of the main reasons for me to make prepared statements
prepared on the server side.

Patric