Re: Unable to download/compile postgresql.jar for PG 7.3 with JDK 1.4.1

От Daniel Bruce Lynes
Тема Re: Unable to download/compile postgresql.jar for PG 7.3 with JDK 1.4.1
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
On Friday 03 January 2003 06:27, Rich Cullingford wrote about Re: [JDBC]
Unable to download/compile postgresql.jar for PG 7.3 with JDK 1.4.1:

> There was indeed a botch in the version of pg I was working with. So I
> obtained the source tree for pg 7.3 from our local cvs repository,
> checked JAVA_HOME, and ran "make" in the jdbc subdir. I got the
> following errors, most of which seem to be missing symbols from files
> (like Connection.java and ResultSet.java) that appear in the J2EE
> version of the source, but not the JDK 1.4 one.
>
> I'm sure that this is yet another configuration problem, but I can't see
> what it is.

Actually, I had the exact same problem, when trying to compile it that way.
However, when compiling it the way the installation instruction suggest you
do it, it works just fine.  i.e. run ./configure --with-jdbc(?), and then run
make ; make install

It'll build the postgresql.jar file just fine then, without any errors, for
JDBC3.  Just make sure your JAVA_HOME is pointing to the correct directory,
as well as your ANT_HOME, and PATH environment for your Ant bin and JDK bin
directories.

Make sure you're using ANT 1.5.0 or higher, too.  1.5.1 works just fine.