Re: Building PL/Perl without libperl.so fails

От Daniel Kalchev
Тема Re: Building PL/Perl without libperl.so fails
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
Palle,

While this should be doable (by patching configure/Makefiles), why would you
not want to have libperl.so?

On many systems, the .a files are considered 'development', while the .so
files are considered 'runtime'. Or is the libperl.a on FreeBSD 5.0 different?

Daniel

>>>Palle Girgensohn said:> Hi!> > With FreeBSD 5.0, there is no libperl.so installed, only libperl.a. This > makes
buildingPL/Perl fail:> > *** Cannot build PL/Perl because libperl is not a shared library.> *** You might have to
rebuildyour Perl installation.  Refer to> *** the documentation for details.> > I'd rather link libplperl with a static
libperl.athan adding a shared > libperl.so to the perl port. Can this be done, or will something break?> > /Palle> > >
---------------------------(endof broadcast)---------------------------> TIP 6: Have you searched our list archives?> >
http://archives.postgresql.org