Re: Aggregate working on ordered data

От Christoph Dalitz
Тема Re: Aggregate working on ordered data
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, 2 Jan 2003 12:15:27 -0800
"Peter Darley" <pdarley@kinesis-cem.com> wrote:

> Here is a Median function that was written by Stephen Dobson and updated a
> bit by myself.  It's not terribly slow, but could probably be faster.  If
> you make any improvements to it, please return it to the list.  It is
> actually built of two functions that both need to exist.  The comments are
> in a state if disrepair.

Thanks for the hint containing the median implementation given in the
"interactive docs". I have added my 2 Euros as a "doc note" on
http://www.postgresql.org/idocs/index.php?sql-createaggregate.html

Meanwhile I have written an own implementation using a "local temporary table"
that is filled in the "sfunc" and aggregated in the final function.

As I plan to assign this as an exercise to my students, I have not attached
the solution to this (public) email.
If you are interested in the function, please contact me directly so that I can
send it to you.

Christoph Dalitz