Re: Managing multiple branches in git

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Managing multiple branches in git
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"David E. Wheeler" <david@kineticode.com> writes:
> Perhaps there's a master repository that corresonds to CVS HEAD, and
> then release branches are actually separate git repositories.

Yeah, I was speculating about that one too.  It might be workable.
Just "cp -r" the master whenever we fork a new branch.  However, there'd
be no very easy way to get a change history that includes patches that
applied only to some back branches (something that does happen, a few
times a year perhaps).  Maybe that special log tool Andrew was
speculating about would take the form of a program to aggregate the
change histories of several repositories.

Сообщение: Re: Managing multiple branches in git
Сообщение: Re: Managing multiple branches in git