Using 7.1 driver with 7.3?

От Mike Bridge
Тема Using 7.1 driver with 7.3?
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
I'd like to update my version of Postgresql to 7.3, and I'm wondering
if it's possible to continue to use the use the 7.1 version of the
JDBC driver.

The version of a proprietary library we have licensed does not
understand the extra decimal places in Postgresql 7.3 datetime
types.  (We are currently using it with Postgresql 7.1.)  But
everything else appears to work fine with the new 7.3 jdbc driver.

I've tested our stuff with the old driver and the new database, and
it appears to work.  My question is: is this a good idea?  Is there
any obvious reason not to do this?  The other option is that I might
be able to run the 7.3 driver in backwards compatibility mode.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Thanks,

-Mike

--