Re: trouble caused by change in 7.3 handling of '' in

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: trouble caused by change in 7.3 handling of '' in
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Larry Rosenman wrote:
> > Yes, this was really it --- we didn't realize how many apps used this.
> > Also, we expected to hit them before final release, when we could have
> > reverted the change.
> IT DID!  (see my post during Beta).
>
> You said, well, that's only one.

Yes, I do remember that.  We basically weigh the value of of such
changes based on the value of unmasking bugs vs. causing pain for folks.
What we easily could have done was add a GUC that could be turned off if
you wanted the broken behavior, and keep it for one release cycle.  We
thought all the apps could be fixed during the beta period --- obviously
we were wrong.

Сообщение: Re: trouble caused by change in 7.3 handling of '' in
Сообщение: Re: trouble caused by change in 7.3 handling of '' in