Re: trouble caused by change in 7.3 handling of '' in integer

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: trouble caused by change in 7.3 handling of '' in integer
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Oh, that's bad.  We tightened up the handling of '' as 0 because we
considered it too error-prone to assume they mean zero when they pass
''.

While we do like the new tightness, we don't want to make things harder
for people porting the code.

How about if I give you a patch against 7.3 that allows '' as 0, and you
ask if the author can distribute it and get his code changed for 7.4?