Re: v7.3.1 tar ready ... please check it ...

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: v7.3.1 tar ready ... please check it ...
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Oleg Bartunov wrote:

> > > Maybe we should? The more publicity the better etc...
> >
> > The problem is that there is nothing to announce ... "Hi, we fixed some
> > bugs"? :)  minor releases don't have any features added to them, so isn't
> > really news worthy ... :(
> >

> I think changing major version of libpq is an important thing to be
> mentioned.

It is mentioned in the release notes text:
                        Migration to version 7.3.1                                       A dump/restore is *not*
requiredfor those running 7.3. However, it  should be noted that the main PostgreSQL interface library, libpq, has  a
newmajor version number for this release, which may require  recompilation of client code in certain cases.

Pennsylvania19073