Re: Update on replication

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Update on replication
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
When I said:

> > > It certainly will cause problems with other replication solutions.

I meant it would cause other solutions to be less desirable, meaning. as
you said, "affect the ability to investigate other solutions?"  With a
working solution, others may be less likely to investigate because
Postgres-R will be our official solution.  (I believe that was your
major negative point.)  However, with the hooks already there, people
may be _more_ likely to investigate solutions, so there is really no way
to know.

Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> On Tue, 17 Dec 2002, Tom Lane wrote:

> > > the ability for either to work ...
> >
> > Why do you say that?  If it can't coexist with other solutions, then it
> > surely will not be accepted, but I can't think of any reason why it
> > would preclude other approaches.
>
> Okay, if this is the case, that does change things somewhat, but Bruce
> seems to indiate that co-existance will be a problem:
>

> ========

> > > It certainly will cause problems with other replication solutions.

Pennsylvania19073