Re: Update on replication

От Tatsuo Ishii
Тема Re: Update on replication
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> > On Tue, 17 Dec 2002, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> >
> > > What about asynchronous (triggered?) replication?  Is something like
> > > rserv or dbmirror going to be moved to main?
> >
> > From what I've been able to tell *so far*, Postgres-R is going to preclude
> > the ability for either to work ... Vadim is currently reviewing the code,
> > and based on his assessment of whether or not that is the case, I'm going
> > to be pushing for postgres-r to be its own project/fork of PostgreSQL,
> > like RedHat Database ...
>
> How is Postgres-R going to prevent async replication from also being
> adopted in CVS?

As far as I know, all trigger based async replication solutions have a
limitation. They do not handle high load (and probably cannot handle
large objects. am I correct?). I think we should move to other async
replication soltions, such as PostgreSQL-R or (not yet existing)
transaction log based replications.
--
Tatsuo Ishii