Re: Total crash of my db-server

От Ian Barwick
Тема Re: Total crash of my db-server
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sunday 15 December 2002 15:16, Justin Clift wrote:
> Hi Henrik,
>
> This *really* sounds like you have a system wide problem, not just a
> PostgreSQL problem.
>
> Can't imagine how moving to MySQL will help with that.  ;-)
>
> What Operating System are you using, and when was the last time you
> patched/updated it with the vendor recommended patches?

Addtionally, have you considered the possibility of a hardware
problem? I had a fileserver once which worked perfectly in "normal"
service, but died regularly and inexplicably whenever large amounts
of data were transferred over the network to the backup machine.
Turned out to be a motherboard problem, possibly in combination
with some of the other components, because we were never able
to reproduce the problem outside of that particular machine...

Ian Barwick
barwick@gmx.net

Сообщение: Re: Total crash of my db-server
Сообщение: Re: Total crash of my db-server