Re: Big 7.4 items

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Big 7.4 items
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Neil Conway wrote:
> On Fri, 2002-12-13 at 13:20, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > Let me address the Spread issue and two-phase commit.  (Spread is an
> > open source piece of software used by Postgres-R.)
>
> Note that while Spread is open source in the sense that "the source is
> available", it's license is significantly more restrictive than
> PostgreSQL's:
>
>     http://www.spread.org/license/

Interesting.  It looks like a modified version of the old BSD license
where you are required to mention you are using Spread.  I believe we
can get that reduced.  (I think Darren already addressed this with
them.) We certainly are not going to accept software that requires all
PostgreSQL user sites to mention Spread.

The whole "mention" aspect of the old BSD license was pretty ambiguous,
and I assume this is similar.

Pennsylvania19073