Postgres syscalls

От Diego T.
Тема Postgres syscalls
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello I'm an Italian student of computer science at
University of Rome "La Sapienza". I've to analyze some
daemons which run under root privileges with a tool
developed by my departement. This tool intercepts
critical syscalls, like Execve, and blocks illegal
invocation of that primitives (E.g. Execve("/bin/sh"))
performed by a daemon which runs under root
privileges. This approach blocks buffer overflow
attacks before they can complete (or I hope so). Now,
the problem is that postgres doesn' t run under root
privileges and that the tool intercepts only the
syscalls invoked by a process with root privileges. Is
possible to force postgres to run under root
privileges? How can be done? I know my request is
anomalous but i've to do this for my laboratory
project course. I should be very grateful if you'll
answer as soon as possible.
Thank you.

Diego Talucci

Yahoo! Foto: salva, ritocca, condividi e ordina stampe professionali
http://it.yahoo.com/mail_it/foot/?http://it.photos.yahoo.com